Friday, October 29, 2010

Atari Adventure

I am so exhausted and very very tired. I hate being this way but I'm not going to crash just yet. Had a good busy day at work. Was able to finally buy the Necklace and the Earings that I've wanted for months. And then we got the matching camouflage hat today so I bought that as well. Am super excited. I'll take pics and post them tomorrow.

Onto a more silly topic. As I've mentioned before my Uncle lives with us, so on occasion we get to have his six year old son, Nicky with us on weekends. I came home after work and he was here. Mom and I had to leave but when we came home tonight, Nicky came out to the living room. We were talking a little and he noticed the box under the TV stand and asked what was in it. I thought it was the box that had the old PlayStation and the modern Atari that Daddy bought for Momma a few years ago for Christmas. I told Nicky to pull it out and sure enough that was it. I asked Nicky if he would like to learn how to play the Atari since he'd never played anything like it really....He said yes, and so our adventure for this evening began.

We took it out and as I'm untangling the cords Nicky pulls out the memory card for the PS1 and says "What game is this?" I had to try not to laugh before I told him it was a memory card. I get it set up and I show him how to turn it on. I show him the joystick, and the one single button on the controller. I then proceed to start a few games that I once played very well. Its been years since I played it, and so as expected I was rusty, though I did better than I expected to. One game Nicky wanted to know about was called "Adventure" It's this weird one with a castle and dragons that look like sea horses or something, I don't know lol. But I was going around it, and both of us were confused as all hell...and the screens kept changing look and layout and even though I was back tracking my steps I wound up in this weird, blue and gray maze like thing...I died there because the dragon was able to follow me, but this isn't the point.

I stopped that game and showed Nicky a few others, then handed him the joy stick and told him to experiment since there were a ton of games on there. So he plays a few, likes it or doesn't and like any six year old, he wants to see what other games there are, and so restarts and goes back. Eventually he winds up playing "Adventure" once more. I flick my eyes up occasionally to see how he's doing but for the most part I am preoccupied with the computer. Eventually i see he's found our blue and gray screen of death maze. And as soon as he was on that screen he says in a very sly voice... "Oh...you.....Alex told me about you!" My mom and I just lost it. Neither of us were expecting him to say something like that, it was hilarious. I can't help but giggle now even just thinking about it.

Nicky is a sweet kid, well behaved, though not trained properly, he is learning and he learns well. We love having him around the house, he's not a pain, or a nuisance. He's a good kid ^_^ Here is a pic of Nick and Herc that my sister took several months ago. He really does love dogs, and is attached to Hercy. They were really like this when she took the pic, she just edited the glow and lighting. Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment