Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween

So I was born on Halloween, October 31st, 1988. I was born on my Grandfather's birthday, and it's something I've always loved. I work hard to cherish the memories I have of my grandfather, and I make sure that I enjoy my birthday every year. This year I am dressing up as a dark fairy. I made my costume myself. I love to make home made things like that. The skirt is black and purple taffeta. I have a black undershirt that goes under one of my corsets (so it is work appropriate)

Sunday morning I am taking my mother and grandmother up to Fort Snelling National Cemetery to visit my grandfather's grave. That evening I am going trick-pr-treating with Cassie, and Nick and Auroah (Rory). She's going to be Aurora from Sleeping beauty so I am going to call myself Maleficent! How cute right?

A little about Nick and Cass and Rory.... I have been best friends with Cassie since we were five.



When I was sixteen, I moved to the town I live in now and met Nick. (I don't have a pic on me and him) It was through a small party at my place that Nick and Cassie met. Little over a year ago they were married and not very long afterwards were blessed with my beautiful niece, Rory.


Anyway back to the topic at hand..Halloween. It's a great night. I pity the people who feel it is devil worship...more so I pity those who don't know the origins of the day. What is means to those of us of the Pagan community. But I don't want to get all religious on my second post. Maybe one day I'll get more in depth in my particular beliefs but I won't now.

You know, because it was my birthday I went trick-or-treating until I turned 18, hahaha how great is that? The sad thing is that I looks several years younger than what I am, so at 18 people were saying "You've got to be about 14, aren't you too old for this?"

The year I turned three, we have a Halloween blizzard. My mom scrapped my costume and instead put me in my yellow snow suit, and called me a banana. We still went out and between me and my big sister we got like..half the candy people had because I guess no body went out.

When I was born, my sister was 6, and I guess she was upset...at first..because she was worried that she wouldn't get to go trick-or-treating. Well our dad did take her out that night. For the first few years of my life she would tell people it was her sister's birthday and they'd give HER an extra piece of candy "for your little sister." And when I did get to go out..she would get all the candy I was too small to eat.

I am excited for this year. I get sad...I miss my grandfathers at this time of year. One was born on October 30th, the other on the 31st. They're both gone now, and i was close to both of them. But since my 19th birthday, I have found ways to honor them and make sure I have a great birthday exactly like they would have wanted me to. They'd be upset if I was sad on my birthday for missing them, I know how they were...and how I still believe they are.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a nice, peaceful, quiet birthday this year. I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween! ^_^ Pictures of me, and Rory will be up probably on the First.

No comments:

Post a Comment