Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beasties

Beasties...or Beasts as I call our animals...They really are a joy to have in one's home and life. They are another member of the family and they do some wonderful and amazing things. In our home we have three such beasties. The first being my dog Hercules. He's is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and the best dog around. He looks big and bad, he acts big and bad, but he's just a teddy bear of a dog who doesn't realize his age just yet.


Yeah that's my boy ^_^ He's a good boy, well behaved and loyal to the very fiber of his being. We've had him since he was 9 months old, and now he's 11. He's got a bad knee, but we take good care of him. We're just thanking the gods it's his knee and not hip displacia (no clue if I spelled that right or not) ...which dogs of his size and breed are prone to getting. He sleeps on my bed with me, stereotypical of the dog and his little boy always being together, you know? Of course in this case it's a grown woman but the affection is still there. I think he'd rather be with me than anyone else in the house, though I don't know why. He hates it when we leave without him, and is always there to greet us when we come home excited to see us even if we only stepped out into the front yard for a moment. It's hard to remember a time in my life before him, but there were almost about 11 1/2 years before this wonderful, happy dog became apart of my family. This is Hercules the Gray.

Then we have out first cat. Lucifer. When he was a tiny kitten we found him under my Aunt's car port just about 5 weeks old. The vet told us Lucifer was a female. I named the cat Lucifer and we caller her Lucy for short. This was little Lucy...


Well a few weeks later, when we started taking the kitten in for shots, we found out She was a He. Lucy became Luce. My naughty little kitty who has fully lived up to his name. Now he's just over a year old...about 15 or 16 months now, and he's a big boy. He likes to burrow in my blankets, and pull down the blinds in my window trying to look out or heaven forbid get between them! He's SOOO naughty! Always climbing on things, onto my altar, onto my night stand, onto my desk, or my shelves. He's so naughty, but very lovey too. He climes because he's bored and antsy and playful. He is Lucifer the Naughty.


The last beastie that we have is my sister's cat O'Mally. He's an orange fluff-ball who I think is partly Main Coon but I'm not sure. He loves my sister a lot, she saved him from the cold and wild when he was born a little kit. He's wary of like everyone else. He likes me we're pretty sure, but be always runs away. We think he either doesn't want to like me and can't help it, or that he just doesn't want my sister thinking he is replacing me with her. But he likes my mom well enough so who knows.

When my sister moved back home, she brought Mally with her. He'd been in a loooong car ride, and was smelly from spraying in fear and so the first thing she did when we got home was give him a bath. Funniest thing in the world by the way. Well afterwards she sat on the footstool of the rocker, and held him in a nice warm towel cuddling him and drying him. Luce came down the hall to see what was going on. So I picked him up and brought him over. Lucifer was about 6 months old at the time. He was also a little brat, thinking he was big a bad. Well I approached my sister with Lucifer, and he saw she had another cat. So curious he stretched out his neck to smell Mally. Mally, stressed, and fearful, hissed a blue streak at poor Lou. Well it startled the cat and he jumped back a little then was like "Wait a minute this is MY house bitch!" And hissed right back, it was soooo funny.

Mally hid for about a month before he started coming out and stuff. Now, after almost a year the boys love one another and it is going to be hard to separate them when my sister finally does move. He is O'Mally the Cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment