Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Celebrations

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday. I'm young in year yet, life has yet to really work on me, but my character and it's path is set, and despite my direction still not being clear I lead a good life that I enjoy.

We celebrated on the 30th, because I didn't want everyone to be out late on Sunday and have to go to work Monday morning. We went out to a sports bar and grill we go to a lot..all I wanted to do was play pool and have dinner with my friends. Well our usual place was reserved completely so we went to another one about five miles away. It was a place I've never been to before, but Nick and Cass knew about it. I spent my night in the Game Room of this new bar and grill with my closest friends. Cassie, Nick, little Rory, Bri, and Pat. I dressed up as the Army Fairy (Don't Ask Don't Tell)




 There were two pool tables, Bri and I played on one and the boys on the other while Cassie chased Rory and interrupted the boy's games. We put a chair next to our table and set Rory on it to watch. She loved it. Bri shot wrong and one of my 4 ball was going to go into the side pocket in front of Rory but was rolling slow enough for Rory to decide she wanted it and stopped it. It was so funny. Bri also decided she wanted to shoot while holding Rory. I wish I'd gotten pictures of her trying to figure that one out. It was so funny. Eventually she figured it out, haha. Here is Bri and Rory early in the night. Rory has only seen Bri a few times in her life but she likes Bri a ton. My Dad says it's because kid's Rory's age are attracted to other kids their age LMFAO!


Later in the evening I was about to take a shot in the game Bri and I had been playing when everyone just sorta gathered around the table near the pool table. I see Nick had my Nano and was like recording or something....turns out my wonderful boyfriend, Jay..since he couldn't be here with me for my birthday, had ordered a cake for me online, and wired Cassie the money to pick it up! Here is a pic of the half eaten cake. And the video of it being presented to me.




It was so sweet. It was my favorite type of frosting...I hate frosting..well most kinds anyway, but someone he'd gotten the one I like the best. I'm guessing Cassie helped him with that...It was chocolate too I love chocolate cake. The surprise really really made my night and pretty much cemented it for being a wonderful birthday. As we left Nick took my bill and payed for it...Cassie was as floored as I was and said it was all him. I just assumed it was his birthday present for me. We left because the pool tables..both of them...stopped taking money so we went to a place just a few blocks from my house and played more pool until a little after 8, then went home. It'd been a long night I was passed out by 11:30....

That was good seeing as I was up at 7:30 the next morning. I think I mentioned this is a previous post but I was born on my grandfather's birthday. Every year on our birthday, since his death, I take my grandma up to Fort Snelling National Cemetery  where my grandpa is buried. Usually my mother comes with, and my sister. Rissa stayed home this year as she'd just come home from New Mexico the day before and didn't want to be up so early. So Momma and Gamma and I headed out and we were there by about 10 a.m. It's just over an hour drive from my house and I have to pick my grandma up first she lives about half an hour away...luckily in the same direction we were going to. It was a good time, a somber time. Grandma only gets up there when mom or I go or are willing to take her. She doesn't drive but she knows all she has to do is ask for a ride and one of us will find a way to take her any place. My mom's siblings don't go up there. My uncle is an alcoholic who only got worse after grandpa's death and my aunt though accepted it...still refuses to cope with it like a grown woman of 50 and will not even talk about my grandpa. Mom and I talk and joke about him..and with him a great deal.

On the way to Grandma's on the high way just before a turn we were to take, there were herd of turkey. Thats the joke in our family...Turkey run in herds not flocks lol. There were seven of them on the side of the road, slowly crossing in a single file line. I came to a dead stop and one by one they filed across the road. All but one had crossed and he started to go as I inched forward then we both stopped. We looked at each other, he looked from my truck to his buddies... flattened out, and just ran across the road. I laughed so hard..I'd never seen a turkey run from so close before. It was just hilarious. So anyway we visited Grandpa's grave then we went and visited a few other relatives there that Grandma knew and as we were leaving we say this huge flock of geese just crossing the road. Once more I was forced to stop dead..in the middle of the big ass graveyard and wait for them all to cross. It was pretty funny..I'd never seen that many ..well any at all really...in a cemetery. They looked cool between the graves so I took a pic. There are 17 in this pic and there were easily three times as many total.


So the cemetery is really close to the Mall of America, and I hadn't been there in over a year I'd say so I told Mom and Gamma I wanted to go. We went, we wandered around. We wound up passing by Build-A-Bear and on the sign out front was a picture of this white bear with orange spots and a black and orange witch's outfit, broom and all. We all loved her. Her skin was right in the entrance and I picked one up to look and Grandma asked what the store was and how it worked. As I was trying to tell her about it (I'd made one for my sister a few years ago for Christmas) an employee can up and chatted with us. She said all the Halloween stuffy's and costumes were 20% off. I had to have this bear with her candy corn spots. I told Gamma I'd show her how it was all done. We slowly walked through and let her look at everything. An employee was ready to help us fill the bear with stuffing and I told Grandma I'd let her press the pedal. She loved it, had a blast. She wouldn't kiss the bear heart though, so I did. Her and mom loved looking at all the clothes that they had for the stuffed animals. I showed her how to make the birth certificate, and then went to get the witch costume. It was the last one...I was meant to have this bear for sure. Gamma wanted me to get the bear shoes like in the picture but shoe's weren't on sale and I wasn't going to spend seven dollars on them. After we bought the bear we went into Barnes and Noble where Gamma bought me 4 books...they were cheap..6.99 each... but they were a series I've loved since I was in Jr. High so she said she'd get them for me when I didn't even ask her to. (On a side note I'm only a few chapters short of finishing the first one and it hasn't even been 24 hours since i picked it up.) We then found a bench to sit on and I dressed my bear and got a picture of her. I named her... Witch Hazel.


We left then..took Gamma back home, and went home ourselves. I was sooo exhausted. I lay down in bed and talked to Jay on the phone for about half an hour till I fell asleep on him. He made me hang up and take a nap. I wasn't asleep for very long before I woke up and got up. But I guess a short power nap was all I needed. I got up and talked to Jay online for a bit while I read my book...then dinner was done. Momma made Chicken and Wild Rice soup for me. Home made from scratch, oh it is the best ever. I've never tasted any other version as good as Mom's. She also bought a loaf of Italian bread for it. Nummy! Just as we finished April and Bri came over. I made them both have a bowl then us girls and mom went to the store. Trick-or-Treaters were already out...I hate driving on Halloween I'm always afraid I'm going to hit a kid.

On a side note...Last year we were leaving my place to go tot he liquor store I think. All of us but Cass had been drinking and so we got into my truck and Cass was driving. Cass doesn't drive often and there were kids everywhere and she was nervous..reasonably so right? Just as she reached the end of my driveway backing out, Pat screamed and yelled she'd hit a kid. OMG Cass and I and Bri and everyone were SOOOO furious with him. I was fucking pissed. I hadn't been that angry in a long time either. Fucking men!

Anyway we came back home and Nick and Cass were at the house and so was my cousin Ciara with her little long haired Doxin, Princess...who was dressed in a little pink tutu. Rory didn't want anyone but Grandpa (my dad) she wouldn't even come to me haha. Bri left then she had some other plans. Little Rory was dressed as Princess Aurora...


So we passed out candy and when we ran out we decided it was time to go ourselves. April and I dressed up. She'd bought a blue wig at the store and I let her dress up in my Army Fairy costume.


And I dressed up in my dark fairy costume that I'd been working on for a few weeks.


We weren't out long it was chilly and most the houses were already out of candy. I hate Halloween in this town people start WAY before dark and it ends so early. But there was a house on our block with a "haunted maze" April wouldn't go so she stayed with my mom and Rory and Herc on the sidewalk while Cassie and I went in. It wasn't scary, I was cracking up the whole time because Cass kept screaming. It was so funny though. Mostly it was just kids running around jumping out at us screaming but there were some adults too and over all it was a really good job. I'd love to do that in our back yard next year!

We came home, ate some candy and relaxed. Nick and Cass gave April a ride home when they left and I got to settle down and read for a few hours before talking to Jay in bed till I fell asleep. I had a wonderful birthday, filled with family, friends who ARE family, and love. It was a great day. It was a small relaxing birthday and thats all I wanted.

I know I didn't mention it much mostly because it doesn't mean a lot to me really..not any more..but I did get a few gifts. Mom and daddy bought me a new bed set that I've been wanting pretty badly. April bought me a journal and a wallet with the images of the Queens from the Alice movie. And Grandma bought me the books...as well as she gave me a deck of cards that my mother had given to Grandpa a few years before. He never used them and displayed them on a stand. She felt I should have them. It was a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment