Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lonely Thoughts

*sighs* Been lonely today. I'm not used not being able to talk to Jay...especially at night. His work schedule has been changed, just for this week, so starting tonight he's got three straight days of 12 hour over night shifts, 7 pm -7 am. I miss him, but that's the breaks. I won't bitch or complain too much, I am here to support him and thats exactly what he needs. He isn't happy about this change, however temporary it is, and he had no choice in the matter. So I will support him, cuddle and love on him when he comes home. Make sure he eats and be sure he's undisturbed and in bed. He'll need his sleep, this is changing his sleep pattern in a complete one-eighty. I feel bad for him, so I know as lonely as I am at night, and as much as I miss him, he's suffering way, way more than I am for this. He doesn't need my complaints, so like I said, he won't hear one word of hardship from me upon his return home. That is, unless he reads this blog lol.

Moving on...I am sitting here, in my room, watching Auntie Mame. Rosalind Russell version. Its one I've loved for many years now. I've never seen the Lucille Ball version of Mame, the movie version of the Broadway Musicale based off the same book. Russell actually played the starring role in the original stage adaption. Only she and one other actor or should I say actress (Peggy Cass), were recast for the movie from the original play, for it. When watching the movie, you can tell they used much of the stage direction. The actors move and stand more like stage actors than film actors. Maybe it was the time, the era more say. They way the speak too for that matter, everything just makes me think more of watching it on a stage with the perks of an actual movie, you know with being able to do a montage of various places around the world, etc etc. It's cheesy in parts, true to it's "golly gee wiz" late 50's era of filming portraying the 30's and...despite no proof I can only assume some of the early 40's as well.

This movie and a pure gem of a classic. I would love to have seen it's original Broadway stage cast in action. And even, despite some of her personal problems, I would have loved to have met Russell in person. Anyway that's my little deal for tonight. I'm off good night all, and go rent Auntie Mame! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment