Saturday, March 3, 2012

Insomnia

I don't really know what is wrong at this point. Last night I only got about 4-4 1/2 hours of sleep, and that wasn't until around 5 am. What sleep I did get was light and not restful at all. When I got to work at 11, I stood in front of the lockers and just stared at them, zoning out, forgetting what I was actually doing there for about a minuet before I remembered to pick one and open it, and go about my day. That was just the start of a long long long day.

Tonight, tired, exhausted and just wanting to sleep, Jay and I both went to bed. Both being exhausted we didn't even lay together and talk like we usually do, we were in one another's arms for only a minuet or two before breaking apart and snuggling in for sleep...which for me at least, has yet to arrive. After going to bed at 11:30 I lay there for an hour and a half. Wanting sleep, trying all my usual tricks to try and fall asleep when I normally can't and nothing works.

Despite being so sleepy and tired, no matter what I try or do, I just can't seem to keep my eyes closed. So, I got up, and over the last hour watched some T.V. and did a little bit of late night cleaning, and now I've gotten a start on this entry. I'm wondering if I should just pull an all nighter, stay up all day tomorrow and crash at like 9 or 10 tomorrow night.

Actually I probably wouldn't even last that long, but my eyes aren't heavy, they don't want to close, so don't really know what else to do.

On another note, Charlotte is learning. She fights it a little still, but she now knows what "Bed Time" means and once I can get her up after resisting, she quickly trots down the hall to the bedroom and goes right t HER bed instead of ours. She knows that at night she's not allowed on our bed with us. After Jay lets her out in the morning and leaves, she gets to sleep with me. And if we're snuggling during the day, she knows she's more than welcome to jump up there and join us, and if she chooses she can sleep on the bed during the day though she prefers to be with one of us so that doesn't really matter. I'm happy she's learned when she's supposed to be on her bed as compared to ours. :)

She's eating so much better and is getting really playful now too, especially when we come home after leaving her alone for a bit. She likes to jump up on us, and we're working on breaking her of that. We don't mind if she runs around like the psycho she is when we come home but she just throws herself on us, so she's getting a crash course in "DOWN". She is going to have to learn there is a time for "Up" and that is only when she is called up.

still haven't gotten the thing Mom sent me, back on the 21st. She sent it priority, but didn't get delivery confirmation, which means no tracking number. Normal mail only takes about 3 days to get from Minnesota to Missouri. It should have been here no later than this past Monday. Since there is no tracking number we have no clue where it is. There was a book from mom and 2 DVD's in the manila envelope. The DVD's were supposed to be a gift form my sister for Jay and I for Christmas. But the most important thing was there Belle's "no tug" walking harness was in there. I asked her for it, so that Charlotte didn't choke herself.

I know it probably sounds stupid to you, but I do have a lot of sentimental attachment to that harness. Its something we've had for Belle since she was about a year old or so. She wore it for every walk and while hunting. When I think of Belle that is one of the first things I think of, and I'm really upset to have lost it.

It's just after 3 now, and Jay has come out looking for me, he's not feeling well, my poor love. I just took care of his need and I'm going back to bed with him in hopes of sleep. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment