Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Which way do you want to go?" "Yes, which way?" "Up or Down?"

Up or down.. that was the goal for the title of this one, but I don't know how many of you will actually get the movie reference that is the title. If you do, leave a comment I'd like to see who knows it...aside from Will and my sister lol.

Ups and downs is what I've been through these last couple of days. On Saturday night I caught Jay's cold..it hit all of the sudden at around 11 pm. My head just stopped doing whatever it was that it should have been, and I got so sleepy and so dizzy all at once I thought I was going to be physically sick. I promptly went to bed.

Sunday morning at about 4 am, and I'm up, with only a few ours of bad sleep, and crying because my throat was so fucking raw I couldn't stand it. My sinuses had drained so much and so fast in the span of the night that by 4 am my throat was so raw it hurt to even yawn. I took some meds and went back to bed till 1 pm. All day I was down, it sucked. I'm really happy that Jay was better at this point and able to take care of me. I'm pretty sure it was only through sheer force of will that I started to feel better that evening. I had to start my new job on Monday morning and I wasn't about to be sick as all hell my first day, fuck that.

Since Monday, with the pain in my throat mostly gone, I've avoided any nasal/sinus issues, and coughing. Now however I have lost my voice. It was pretty bad most of Tuesday, and wasn't until yesterday evening that it started to improve. This would have been a good thing if I hadn't woken up Wednesday morning with a splitting headache that started with pain in the upper part of my nose, and once more draining sinuses. Spent most of Wednesday resting until I had to go to work, by then I was feeling a little better, especially after Jay brought me some DayQuil Sinex. Finished out the day, came home spent a little time with Jay and went right to bed.

In two weeks the only decent sleep I'd gotten took place while I was sick Sunday night-Tuesday night. I was hoping last night would have been no different but my cold had other plans. I've developed a cough. Nothing too bad, but it's that sort of deep sudden uncontrollable cough that comes from all the mucus buildup in one's chest after a nasty cold... BACK to the cough syrup I go then.

I don't know what to do next, but it seems like every times one part of this wretched cold improves, I get another problem. It's starting to piss me off. I'm now working two jobs, and this is not the best way to start such a heavy schedule. I really don't know WHEN I'll be able to catch up on my rest after this. I don't get enough time during the day before I go into work. I have this weekend off, three days as a matter of fact, but I have to get through two more days of 8 hour shifts each before then. I just hope things don't get worse before Saturday when I can fully rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment