Monday, October 17, 2011

Ugh,

I want to write but I don't really know what to write about. I'm so bored, I really should go through my cloths to start packing..I should fold out two full baskets of laundry too but I'll do that a little later. I hate doing laundry. Okay I take that back, i'm weird, I don't mind doing laundry or even folding it, but for some reason I loath putting it away. I don't know why either haha, but I just hate putting the laundry away. Oh well I guess.

In my post yesterday I mentioned a few stories from work. So I got one for ya now. At my store almost everyone is a member of the management team. We have two girls who are regular associates. One is a new seasonal girl. She's really sweet, and nice I like her. She's only 16. The other is a girl who is 19 and has been with the company on and off for two years. I'll call her Maria. She's a really nice girl, and we chat about a lot of things. But she likes to try and see what she can get away with with the girls in management. She doesn't try to pull shit with our store manager, but there is another third key who will order her around so she doesn't do much with her. The thing with Maria is that you need to just be polite. If you ask nicely or say "for me" make it sound like a favor she'll jump right one it.

So yesterday, our boss was on her break. I was manager on duty. I was busy with some paperwork behind the counter. The other 3rd key that was there was busy ringing up customers. Maria was standing near her, doing nothing. See her greet a customer in a tie dye shirt that had just come in and come near us, but it was a half assed greeting. A few moments later I look up and the store is suddenly PACKED and Maria is still doing nothing. No one had been greeted, or anything and i was still busy. I looked over to her and nicely said, "Maria, why don't you go and pass out baskets and greet customers."

The girl blatantly ignored me. She stood there, looked right at me, then slowly and casually moved only her head, looking around the store. She then grabbed a single basket, and slowly walked tot he front of the store and then back again, not speaking to anyone or even offering a basket. She came back to where we'd been standing and I glance up and see the woman in the tie dye shirt with her hands full now. I was pretty annoyed with her at this point because Maria KNOWS better than to half ass it like that. So I told her to go give that lady a basket. And she goes "I already talked to her." That is a BULLSHIT excuse. This pissed me off to no end, so I pulled rank on her, which I've never had to do before. And I was like "Re-approach her! Her hands are now full, give. Her. A. Basket."

She just made me so angry. Re-approaching our customers is pushed really hard in our training and we JUST finished the yearly customer service training. She Knows Better! It pissed me off so bad and made me just so, ARGH! The store was suddenly flooded with customers. I was busy with something I'd been asked to get done, the other manager was busy, Maria knows so much better than that!

All of this took place in about two minuets, at most. She walked over to the lady handed her a basket and walked back just as I finished my paperwork. I told her one more time to go hand out baskets, firmly this time. Then I picked up a handful of baskets, passed EVERY SINGLE ONE OUT and greeted all of my customers before going back for more baskets. It took me all of a minuet to get every customer a basket and greet them properly and see if I could help them with anything.

There is a reason this girl was only hired as an associate and not a manager. Its the first time she's ever ignored me, or anything like that. And I know that she knows procedure better than that too. It made me so mad. y the time the crowd thinned out again my boss returned. I know others have had problems with this girl so I pulled my boss aside and told her what I happened. She was not happy. She punished Maria by putting her in the back room to start on the markdowns.

I enjoy her company at work, she's a nice girl but if she thinks that I won't pull rank on her when I will. She is known to have no motivation of her own unless given a specific task. I've never had a problem with her till now and this was a case of something she specifically knows, and shouldn't have to be asked to do in the first place. Meh.

Anyway that's my venting. I'm off not, ttyl.

1 comment:

  1. I would of killed the little bitch myself. Fuck pulling rank via your main manager, I'd of been like, "Go home" lmfao. Not that you have the right to do that, but omg. When I worked at the bowling alley, Dan - he was my cook when I tended, would try to pull this thing where he'd play video games, which is fine if we're not busy or I don't need something. But when I have a customer and I need something he is supposed to help me out, not tell me and in turn, basically telling me to have the customer wait- so he can finish his game. . I told him it wasn't his job to sit and play video games, Don doesn't pay him for that and if he'd like, I can talk to Don and Julie about this. That the customer needs something and since I have a customer and I have a cook, the cook is to help me when I need it, I'm not supposed to leave the bar unless I have/need to. And I didn't need to. He pissed me off. He hated me cuz I was a bitch and didn't let him do what he wanted lol.

    ReplyDelete